must have been immense as
buildings, traditions, meetings, Sunday Schools, worship patterns
etc were combined in order for the continued progress
and communion rail were moved from the Garrison Lane Wesleyan chapel
and installed in the Church Street chapel. Another innovation at
that time was the arrival of mains electricity in 1932. In 1963
a manse was completed so that our circuit minister had his own home
(previously he lodged or rented accommodation from an island family).
and manse are now maintained in an orderly fashion by setting aside
now includes the a contemporary style service each Sunday morning
as well as traditional services. The path to the present position
has had some wonderful times but it also has been somewhat uneven,
but Jesus did not promise His followers an easy time. We look forward
with the confidence that we follow Him who knows the future.